Kinesiotaping is a technique developed to help support muscle and connective tissue function, reduction of swelling and lymphatic drainage. Our certified professionals have been specially trained to apply kinesiotape in the most effective manner possible to conditions involving the spine and the extremities.
kinesiotapingKinesiotape is a light elastic tape rather than the rigid athletic tape that is sometimes used in athletics. The elastic nature of the tape helps provide the following results:
- Facilitate contraction of a weak or unresponsive muscle.
- Reduce muscle fatigue, spasm and overuse.
- Re-educate muscles through sensory feedback.
- Decrease edema (swelling) by aiding the lymphatic system with drainage.
- Minimize post-traumatic or post-surgical bruising and discoloration by improving circulation.
- Reduce the appearance of scarring by mobilizing the scar with natural movement.
- Improve joint mechanics by aiding in proper muscle function and coordination.
The application of Kinesiotape is most effective in conjunction with physical therapy. It helps speed the rehabilitation process by decreasing pain and improving your tolerance to exercise and movement. Kinesiotape can be used during sports training and for active recovery between events, injury prevention, and rehabilitation.
- Shoulder instability
- Hamstring strain
- Plantar fasciitis
- Patellar tendonitis
- Posture control
- Low back pain
- Ankle sprains
- Swelling from an injury