Sports Medicine Programs Menu:
High School/Athletic Training
As a part of our community service, El Dorado Physical Therapy provides athletic training services for athletes at Vista del Lago and Oak Ridge, and is available to Folsom & Ponderosa High School Athletes. Working much like a liaison between the athlete, parents, and the family physician, we will make recommendations as to the appropriate care of any injury sustained by student-athletes at these schools. A Certified Athletic Trainer is on site to direct the athletic training program involving the following services:
- After school assessment and injury prevention in the athletic training room on campus.
- Attend various athletic events, as coordinated with Athletic Director, to provide immediate care.
- Follow up care for the athlete in the El Dorado Physical Therapy clinic as needed.
- When an injury needs more intense care or rehabilitation than can be provided in the athletic training room, we offer a free evaluation of the athlete's injury and two follow up physical therapy sessions at no cost. Further care can be provided for a reasonable fee dependent upon the amount of time spent with the athlete.
- Sponsor and organize pre-participation athletic physicals with the high school Athletic Director.
- Direct the student athletic training program. This program allows students who may be interested in a medical career to get an up close and hands-on experience working as a student athletic trainer. They learn the basic skills necessary to provide first aid, CPR, and preventative taping techniques. These students then help with preventative taping and practice coverage.
Chris Gregoire Vista Del Lago High School ATC
Every individual is different, so I treat them as such. I treat the body as a whole rather than the boundaries of an injury. I strive to involve my clients in their treatment process based on their individual goals. SPECIALTY I specialize in the prevention of orthopedic injuries, therapeutic exercise, biomechanics, and sport-specific return to…Read More
Reuben Zuniga Oakridge High School ATC
“I specialize in manual therapy with a wide spectrum of experience. I’ve worked as an athletic trainer in all levels of sports from professional baseball, basketball, football, golf, and division 1 collegiate sports. I have extensive clinical skills treating a wide variety of diagnoses from TMJ, migraines, fibromyalgia, and various out patient orthopedic situations.” Education…Read More