We offer Aquatic Rehabilitation programs at our Folsom and Shingle Springs locations in conjunction with traditional land therapy for earlier intervention and for those who may not be able to start on a land-based program.
Patients who will benefit from aquatic rehabilitation include:
- Aquatic Therapy Pre and Post Surgical
- Recent Fractures
- Degenerative Joint Disease
- Advanced Deconditioning
- CRPS / RSD
- Spinal injuries/DDD/HNP
- Circulatory and Movement Disorders
- Non or Partial Weight Bearing Issues
- Swelling or Pain
The principles of water offer a state of decreased gravity and compressive forces, allowing the patient to exercise without further damage to the healing tissues and structures. The patient will first undergo a thorough evaluation with a licensed Physical Therapist. A program will then be tailored to specifically meet their individual needs and carried out by a team of licensed aquatic Physical Therapy Specialists.
Our Folsom facility houses a "state of the art" indoor pool specifically designed to provide successful, individualized care.
Folsom pool specifications:
- Fifty (50) feet in length
- 89-90 degrees
- Shallow water exercise depth 3'6″ to 4'6″
- Deepwater suspended exercise depth 6′
- Medically compliant with a double handrail staircase
- Hydraulic Hoyer lift is available for patients needing assistance
- Aquatic Therapy is offered at our Folsom and Shingle Springs locations.